PROBLEM BASED LEARNING
We worked on real life problems today. That
was fine. When I study about real problems, I can focuss better. But I get
bored to talk about bullying. We have talked bullying for 3 days. I can’t
produce any new ideas to find solution for bullying anymore. I am stuck.
My opinion
We have a peer mediation
programme in Turkey. I think it is the best solution to stop bullying. It is a
programme to educate peacemakers for school peaceful.
Goals of Peer Mediation Programme ;
- training
students in conflict resolution.
- reducing
the number of disruptive behavioral incidents.
- transforming
the individual student.
- improving
the qualitative climate of the community by skill-training youth and staff.
There is a leader bully in the
classroom. Also there can be a leader peacemaker to manage peace of classroom.
Peacemaker can make contact with both sides ( victim and bully). Talking with a peer is
more comfortable than talking with a teacher. They have the same way of
thinking. There are lots of reasons under bullying. Peacemaker and teacher
should observe these problems and they can step in before it is too late.
Peacemakers are choosen between
volunteer students at the school. There are 12 peacemakers for every school. Operating under universities for Peacemaking, Peace
Works is a research-based program that builds upon the university’s strengths
in the area of positive youth development, particularly in the reduction of
youth violence, and the transformation of students’ interpersonal and group
behaviors. As young people learn peer mediation and peacemaking
skills, they are progressively transformed. Students identify themselves with
the peacemaking community and as individually they internalize the values and
practices of University Peace Works. Universities is seeking to extend
the success of this program to other schools and community organizations in
Turkey.
I also believe, Parents should
be educated to deal bullying. School and family should keep in touch. Bullying
is not only a school problem. Teachers can not follow students all day. If
parents don’t support to the school, no solution is going to work.
Negative sides
We wrote our questions about
problems. We found keywords. But Did we find a solution? That part is not clear
for me. As far as I observe, we don’t have a solution although we always talk
about problems. We are going to prevent our solutions next week. But We haven’t
discussed about another topics. We don’t have a solution for bullying
either.
I don’t like to study with
only one method all day. I felt so tired afternoon. Because we moved on the
same method, and the same topic. I have already known these methods. But it was
nice to practise them again.
I would like to learn some different creativity,
innovative and entrepreneurial methods.
On the other hand, I like the
way of discussing with groups. Every each of us are from different countries so
that we see another perspectives.
The presentation was very nice.
The ingredient of presentation was so helpful to get knowledge about Hungary.
Also timing was so good,too. It became a nice end.
You're being so honest and it's so cute when you said you "can't produce any more new ideas to find solution for bullying anymore", hahaha :)
YanıtlaSilIt's very interesting to know about the peer mediation programme in Turkey. I would like to know more about it!
And yes it was a nice end :)
thanks Joy, I tried to explain more. When we have time, I can explain more but you know I can't speak english fluently :/
SilI agree with educating the parents! Programs that involve the whole community are the ones that are going to work :)
YanıtlaSil