16 Nisan 2013 Salı

16.04.2013

                                                         Drama Experience
   Today is a very extraordinary day for me. I have never been activity with my teachers before. First I wet so tired and I thought to sleep on the table. Then I had more fun. Working bully was a really good idea. I am not a bully person so acting like that is very difficult for me. When I was a bully in my group, I always thought, why children bully their friends. They usually prefer unconfident children as target. I think bully children are unonfident,too. They have troubles in their familly. They reflect their misrableness to another children. They try to be fearful at school, because they are not strong in their familly life. Bullying doesn't make you special, only you feel powerful for a few minutes. when I became a supporter for victim, I couldn't defend him so much. Because If I did that, He couldn't learn  self-defended. when I was a victim, I didn't let them to bully me. I am a self- confident person. It was very good activity. Bullying is going to be a bigger problem day by day. I think teachers must teach to be impulse to their students. Interfering the bully isn't a solution. That is only a instant interference.
   I also liked our another activities. Creating a new song is really difficult. I don't sing not nor listen music so much. It was really difficult for me. But I had fun. I liked the way of thinking for this method. All groups were so creativity about bullying. I am planning to use these activities in my future life. We have more theoretic education in Turkey. I don't have so many practise experiences. Everyday I learn new things and huge differences about our education systems. I am so happy to be a part of this programme.

3 yorum:

  1. I agree that there are a lot of differences between the school systems. Good to hear that you enjoyed the activities we did today. I hope you/we will have more opportunities to be active in class for the rest of the course.

    YanıtlaSil
  2. I also believe that many times when children are bullying other children, it is because they have their own problems that aren't being addressed and they might be either continuing a cycle of abuse, or they don't have the skills to cope their own issues. I think teachers/schools should focus some of the bullying prevention resources on helping students develop skills to positively deal with their issues or learn the skills they are lacking that may be causing them to act out in maladaptive ways. We should also be teaching children empathy, to help with positive moral development, so that they understand the effects of their words and actions on other students. If they can't see outside their own perspective or empathize with other people, they will be unlikely to see the true harm of their actions.

    YanıtlaSil
    Yanıtlar
    1. I agree with you about empathy. But Sometimes children can mess up empathy and sympathy. Teacher must teach these two concepts. Children shouldn't sympathize with bullying. We don't want to have more bully :)

      Sil